8. "I have to serve God in the straightforward way."


"As the saying goes, 'having started on the dance it is no use to draw close the veil.' I am doing the duty of the Guru, but if I preach that no one should shout 'Jai' to me, that is to say, if I say in a round about way, 'sing Jai to me,' it would be nothing short of duplicity. Our Gurudeva has not taught us such insincerity. Mahaprabhu has not taught such insincerity. I have to serve God in the straightforward way. The word of God has come down to the Gurudeva; I have to obey it in all sincerity. I will not disrespect the Guru at the instance of any foolish or malicious sectarians."

- by Śrīla Bhaktisiddhānta Sarasvatī Ṭhākura Prabhupāda

Excerpt from "Assuming Responsibility Of Being Guru"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1. "It is in śrī dhāma that śrī nāma has been deposited"