17. "If at the beginning of every year, every month, every day and every moment, I do not remember my gurudeva, who saves me from absorption in that which has no connection to my constitutional nature or are separate from kṛṣṇa-bhakti, then I will definitely fall into greater and greater difficulty."


"The moment I deviate from śrī guru, the moment I become forgetful of he who keeps me attracted to his lotus feet at every single moment, I will, without a doubt, diverge from the Truth. And when I am thus separated from śrī guru, countless misgivings and deficiencies will engulf me. I shall simply spend my time bathing when I’m hot and bundling up when I’m cold. In other words, I will become more anxious to arrange for my own comfort than to serve śrī gurudeva.

If at the beginning of every year, every month, every day and every moment, I do not remember my gurudeva, who saves me from absorption in that which has no connection to my constitutional nature or are separate from kṛṣṇa-bhakti, then I will definitely fall into greater and greater difficulty. I will try to present myself as guru and will be swallowed up by the ill-mentality of believing that others should worship me as such. This alone is dvitīya abhiniveśa – infatuation with the worthless purposes of our unnatural state. To come and offer guru-pūjā just for one day is insufficient. It is our duty to serve gurudeva at every moment."

- by Śrīla Bhaktisiddhānta Sarasvatī Ṭhākura Prabhupāda

Translated by the Rays of the Harmonist team
from Śrīla Prabhupādera Upadeśāmṛta



Rays of The Harmonist On-line, Year 3 & Year 16, Issue 11 “Śrī Guru Is Present In All Things” by Śrīla Bhaktisiddhānta Sarasvatī Ṭhākura Prabhupāda , is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License to ensure that it is always freely available. You may redistribute this article if you include this license and attribute it to Rays of The Harmonist. Please ask for permission before using the Rays of The Harmonist banner-logo.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1. "It is in śrī dhāma that śrī nāma has been deposited"